Inglés Técnico para Administradores

Este es el blog para estudiantes de la clase de Inglés Técnico para Administradores. Aquí encontrarás el programa de estudio de la clase, y el material que se utiliza en la misma (no todo). Si faltas a clases aquí encontrará una parte del material que se utilizó en esta. De todas formas es importante que revises siempre este blog.

Friday, March 11, 2005

An interview.-

An interview.-


Personnel Manager: Sit down, Mr Francis. Cigarette?
James: No thanks. I don't smoke.
PM: Well, I have your application form here. We had quite a lot of applications, but frankly yours seems one of the most interesting.
J: I've brought a reference from my last employer, if you'd like to have a look at it.
PM: Hm. 'Mr. James Francis was with us for five years. He was a very conscientious worker and I have great pleasure in recommending him for employment'
J: The firm had to close down the plant where I was working, otherwise I'd still be there.
PM: Right. I see you a vocational training course last year.
J: That's right. There are few jobs in my particular field, I thought I'd try to train for a new job.
PM: Anyway, it shouldn't be too difficult for you, as a skilled worker, to find an opening in the labour market. But there's a lot of competition of course.
J: There certainly is, and quite a lot of firms are closing down altogether.
PM: I think we can offer you something interesting. Of course you'll be doing piece work at first, and you may sometimes have to do overtime. But you'll have the normal holidays with pay as well as Bank holidays.
J: Is there a canteen on the premises?
PM: No, I'm afraid we can't manage that. But we give meal vouchers, so you should be all right.
J: When do I begin work?
PM: Come tomorrow and we'll show you the work.