Inglés Técnico para Administradores

Este es el blog para estudiantes de la clase de Inglés Técnico para Administradores. Aquí encontrarás el programa de estudio de la clase, y el material que se utiliza en la misma (no todo). Si faltas a clases aquí encontrará una parte del material que se utilizó en esta. De todas formas es importante que revises siempre este blog.

Friday, March 11, 2005

Applying for a job.-

Applying for a job.-

Joan: Well, how did things go at the Labour Exchange, Mike?
Michael: There was such a queue, Joan, that Jim and I decided to call it a day. We're going to look for vacancies in the papers.
J: There's a small ad here that looks interesting: 'A large company requires Market Research Analyst for its head-quarters in Europe. The successful candidate will have had several years experience with an agency. He or she will now be working with a consumer products company.'
M: Wait a minute, Joan! I'm not working at all. So how can I apply for that job? Here, let me have a look at that paper! Ah, this is more like it! Applications are invited from final year undergraduate students in Economics.
J: But you're not an undergraduate, Mike. You've got your degree and you've started on postgraduate research.
M: I tell you what -I'll write off to some of these firms advertising in the paper. I'll give them my qualifications background, previous experience.
J: Hm! That won't take long, Mike!
M: Marital Status.
J:Marital Status? What's that?
M: Whether I'm single, married, the father of one, two, three or four children.
J: Ok, go on.
M:Starting salary, and other advantages I can reasonably expect.
J: Well, I wish you luck, Mike But don't be too optimistic. And don't forget the s.a.e.
M: What on earth's that, Joan?
J: Stamped addressed envelope. For the answers!